What is it?
Jupiter Grades is an online, cloud-base grade tracking system that allows instructors to create classes, enroll students, and make grades available for students to see anytime on the web. See the full set of features here.
JupiterGrades provides only a subset of what a full Learning Management System (LMS) like Moodle or Blackboard provides, however many faculty at OBU are using it rather than our Moodle site because it offers only the features they need. For instance, you can’t host course content with JupiterGrades or collaborative content such as discussion boards, blogs, and wikis. JupiterGrades is built mainly for a K-12 market with sections for lockers, lunch counts, and discipline referrals, but the grade tracking features are useful in higher education institutions.
OBU purchases a site license for the entire campus based on the student FTE. Since it is cloud-based, you don’t have to install anything on your computer to use JupiterGrades. In order to use it for the first time, follow the instructions below or view the OBU installation video tutorial:
- Go to http://jupitergrades.com
- Click the “Sign Up” tab at the top
- Choose the “teacher” option and check the box that says, “My school is paying for my account” and check that you accept the terms of service. Click OK.
- Choose a username and password (this system is not integrated with Novell, our campus authentication system). Click Next.
- Fill out the contact info. Use your OBU email address as that is how the system knows that you are affiliated with OBU.
- Enter school and location information and click Next.
- The JupiterGrades system will send you an email with a confirmation link. Click on the link to finish your account setup.
- The system will ask you to “Load classes for:” Choose “None of the above”. Choose the “I teach college…” option and click Next.
- Input at least one course name and click Next.
- Click the Login button after watching the Video Tutorial that is offered on that page.