New Moodle-Turnitin.com integration means:
- Users don’t have to create accounts and log in to Turnitin separately
- Users can submit and grade papers directly within Moodle
As of Fall 2013 OBU has implemented Turnitin.com integration with our Moodle learning management system. If you have never used Turnitin.com, go to our main support page and read about the features. If you use Tii often and you also use Moodle, there is now a simpler process for both faculty and students. Instead of creating a separate Tii account, faculty go to their Moodle course where they intend for the students to turn in their written assignments. They create an assignment there, directly within the Moodle interface instead of having to log in to Tii and create a class and an assignment. The student also does not have to create a separate Tii account. They log into their Moodle course and turn in the assignment there. The professor can check originality reports and grade papers from within the Moodle course page taking advantage of all of the features of the Tii application. There is even an iPad app for checking originality reports and providing detailed feedback with Grademark.
There is no installation requirement. Simply log in to Moodle and go to your course. Faculty can view the tutorial video on how to add an assignment here. This tutorial was created based on Moodle 1.9, but the information can easily be extrapolated to Moodle 2.x which is the version in use by OBU.
Tutorials and Help:
- How to create an assignment tutorial video (02:50)
- How to access the submission inbox tutorial video (00:34)
- How to submit a paper for a student tutorial video (00:44)
- Instructor Manual (Updated Jan 14, 2013)
- Student Manual (Updated Sept 13, 2012)