This training session is for beginning Moodlers who know nothing or very little about Moodle, our campus learning management system (LMS).
In this session you will follow along with the instructor and create a new course in Moodle and learn how to perform the following skills:
- Choose a course format (weekly or topical) and discuss the distinctions
- Learn the basics of navigating Moodle as an instructor
- Learn how to communicate with students via Moodle – announcements, email
- Learn how to post basic content – text, files, web page links, embedded video
- Learn how to create basic forums – (forums are Facebook-like discussion boards)
- Learn how to create basic assignments for students to turn in – uploading Word docs, online text, offline assignments