This training session is for professors who would like to use a software tool to help them create exams. Exams created in Respondus can be published directly to our Moodle learning management system or printed to paper. You can create exams from scratch, import questions from MS Word and other text formats, or gain access to thousands of Respondus-compatible publisher test banks – FREE to instructors who adopt a participating textbook.
Respondus is a software package that OBU subscribes to for the whole campus. It is paid for through the OIT budget. Every faculty member has access to install the Respondus software through our institutional account. It is a Windows-only program; there is no Mac version or mobile version at this time.
In this session we will demonstrate how to:
- install Respondus on your Windows-based computer (there is no Mac or mobile version)
- connect Respondus to our learning management system
- publish an exam to one of your Moodle courses
- create exam questions from scratch
- import existing questions from other text formats such as MS Word
- import questions from a publisher test bank
- print exams (with an answer key and without an answer key)