This training session is for professors who require original written work from students in their course and want to assess and/or prevent plagiarism in those assignments. Turnitin.com is an online service that OBU subscribes to for the whole campus paid for through the OIT budget. Every faculty member and student has access to our Turnitin.com institutional account.
In this session we will demonstrate how to:
- create an account in Turnitin.com
- how to create a class and add an assignment
- how to view and interpret the originality reports
- how to grade and comment using Grademark
- how to use the ETS-rater tool to automatically make spelling and grammar comments
- how to grade paper submissions from your iPad, even offline
- We will also show you Turnitin.com from a student’s perspective and give you links to tutorials that will teach students how to use the service.
- We will also demonstrate the Turnitin.com Moodle integration